Here are some helpful Homeschool resources. If you have or know of a resource that you think would be helpful, email it to us and we'll put it up.
* The Theory of Evolution has been the single most destructive thing that has come upon the world stage since the serpent in the Garden of Eden. In a fantastic struggle to keep the Creator God - whose wonderful name is Yahweh - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - out of the public sectors of civilization, the world (i.e., all those who do not know God) - has adopted this ludicrous and insipid theory. It is ludicrous because it can in no way be true; all evidence that has been found contradict this theory. It is insipid because it has been taught through every discipline of learning; it's in our math books, our history books, our science books, our English books, etc., and there are a lot of people who say they believe in God and also evolution. They believe in God because they feel that He's true but they just can't quite believe in what He said about Himself. Well, that's kind of weird, isn't it? One cannot follow God and Baal, so to speak, and the theory of evolution is a work of the Devil. This book - the Evolution Cruncher - explains quite a bit and reveals why this theory is false, proved false, so I encourage you to download it (free) or order a copy ($5) and see for yourself how rediculous this world system is. To God - Maker of Heaven and earth, and all things visible and invisible - alone be all glory.
* So apparently the Department of Public Education in NC is concerned that the number of public school children is diminishing. "Why?" they ask. Why are more and more parents pulling their children out of the public school? Hmmm. Maybe it's because the same people who can't figure that out are the ones responsible for the public school curriculum. Just saying. I heard a story just the other day that a teacher was giving library passes to the more "behaved" students just to let them get out of the unruly classroom; in high school, no less. And I truly feel for the teachers who feel that that is their only option. But that is how "tolerance" works, right?
* Seeing the steady increase in homeschooling families in Onlsow County, the public library has tried to keep pace by increasing their resources for us. Kudos! In addition to hosting periodic homeschool fairs, the libraries also have a growing number of other resources. Check them out. Click Here
* Anybody interested in Aviation? There is wonderful program hosted by Jacksonville Christian Academy and taught by Capt. Bo Pennock, USMC, ret. which takes students 9th-12th grade through the equivalent of "ground school" plus more. The kids have been on numerous field trips including actually flying planes. No charge, just solid commitment, ooh rah! You can email Capt. Bo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also visit JCA
* BSA and Trail Life USA. As the culture continues its moral decline we see how once good, godly, and moral institutions have turned. That said, if you are looking for an alternative to the BSA, try Trail Life, a scouting organization unashamedly based on the Word of God. There are several troups in the area, in particular one that meets at Tar Landing Baptist Church, Jacksonville. Also, the American Heritage Girls is the girls' counterpart organziation and does not sell cookies to help fund abortion and contraception.
* Upper High School: looking for a good place to volunteer? Try the Onslow Pregnancy Resource Center